There are a few ways we can handle your closing, all of which will include you signing some of your documents in the presence of a notary on the day of closing.
You can do that three ways.
- Notary of your choice: If you know a registered notary, you can arrange for them to notarize your documents in their presence (we would need their name and county for verification). You can curb side pickup your docs from our office, come into the office to pick up or we can UPS docs to you. Signed documents would need to be delivered to our office on the day of signing. (again, curb side drop off available or a secure drop box is located outside our offices)
- Mobile Notary: We can schedule a mobile notary to come to you at a location of your choice with the closing package. The notaries and signors are required to complete a health screen form prior to close. The fee can range from $100-$135.
- In office closing: Your documents will be marked and ready for your signature on the closing table. Brandi Wolf (Traverse City) or Melissa Schaub (Suttons Bay) or Susan Gutknecht (Naples, FL) will notarize after you have signed and have verified your ID. (our closing room is cleaned and disinfected before and after each signing and new pens are used for each closing. Our office is closed to the public and Brandi, Melissa and Susan are the only staff members in the respective offices.
Whichever way you choose to close, we can have a virtual “pre-closing” by phone or video conference (zoom) to explain the documents if you wish.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns and let us know how you choose to close.
Thank you for choosing Access Title Agency!
- We ask lenders and realtors not attend closing (if possible) and be available by phone for any customer questions.
- For all transactions, we will strongly encourage signing remotely with a notary or via DocuSign, where clients can electronically sign documents.
- Customers will be provided documents to review prior to closing. Customers should review documents and ask question(s) prior to closing.
- If a customer needs to attend a physical closing with Access Title, please be aware our closers will not be answering questions, to cut down on face to face exposure. You will still need to bring your driver’s license.
- Our restrooms are closed to the public and no refreshments are available.