- 1 pound fresh or frozen skinless grouper fillets, about 1/2 inch thick
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped, unsalted roasted pistachio nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 1 egg, beaten
1 recipe Mango-Pomegranate Salsa (below)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Thaw fish if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Cut fish into 3- to 4-inch pieces; set aside. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil. Coat foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a shallow dish stir together panko, pistachio nuts, salt, and pepper. Pour egg into another shallow dish. Dip one piece of the fish in egg, turning to coat completely. Allow excess to drip off. Dip fish into panko mixture, turning to coat. Place in prepared pan. Repeat with the remaining fish pieces.
Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve fish with Mango-Pomegranate Salsa.
- 3/4 cup chopped, peeled mango
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion tops
- 1/4 teaspoon shredded lime peel
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Dash salt
1. In a small bowl combine mango, kiwifruit, pomegranate seeds, green onion tops, lime peel, lime juice, crushed red pepper, and salt.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 247 cal., 6 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 42 mg chol., 285 mg sodium, 21 g carb. (4 g fiber, 9 g sugars), 28 g pro.
Lean Meat (d.e): 3.5; Starch (d.e): 1; Fruit (d.e): 0.5