What you or your clients need to know about qualifying for Homestead by the March 1st Deadline
You must provide the following items as proof of legal residence:
- Evidence of ownership (deed, tax receipt, etc.)
- Social Security numbers for all owners
- County Voter Registration (if you vote) dated prior to January 1st
- Florida Driver License dated prior to January 1st
- Florida Vehicle Registration dated prior to January 1st
Optional: Declaration of Domicile filed with the Clerk of the Circuit Court prior to January 1st of the year of application.
You must have legal and equitable title to the property and reside in the property as your primary residence as of January 1st.
Additional information may be necessary:
- If not a U.S. citizen, a resident alien “green” card.
- If your property is held in trust, a complete copy of the trust agreement.
- If your residence is a mobile home, the real property decal number and a copy of the registration or title to the mobile home.
Source is the Collier County Property Appraiser website: http://www.collierappraiser.com/MainHomestead.asp