https://accesstitleagency.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Allicia-kellog-michigan.jpg 300 240 KarenKohler https://accesstitleagency.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/AccessTitleLogo1-300x89.jpg KarenKohler2021-08-21 17:40:112021-08-21 17:40:11Fraud Prevention Reminders
It is important to always be aware of the signs for a cyber-attack and remind yourself of the ways to prevent fraud in our industry.
- ALWAYS verify wire instructions. Call our office upon receipt of wire instructions and verify with us that the account information you received is correct.
- Be aware of phishing attacks. This is most commonly in the form of an email asking for personal information or asking you to open a link. If the email seems suspicious, it is best to verify with the sender that the email is legitimate.
- Watch for red flags: unrecognized sender, noticeable grammar and spelling mistakes, requests for login information or to open unusual links, misspelling addresses, discrepancies in signatures, etc.
- If you receive an email stating that our wire instructions have changed, contact our office immediately. One method fraudsters will use is to reach out to a customer notifying them that the wire instructions have changed or that additional payments need to be sent to a new account immediately following a successful payment.
- Verify, Verify, Verify! And if you have concerns, feel free to reach out to our office.